Passport & Visa Requirements
Prior to your arrival in Indonesia, visitor to Indonesia must obtain a visa from one of your local Indonesian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or one of the countries eligible for visa on arrival. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months, even those with visa free access.
Passports from 45 countries can enter Indonesia at Sekupang International Terminal and Batam Center Terminal for 30 (thirty) days with leisure visit to Indonesia and will be given Visa On Arrival (VOA). This includes guests from Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, the United States, and Vietnam. To apply VOA Please refer to this Indonesia Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for the list of countries that can apply for VOA in Indonesia (alternate link).
You will need to present at the port of entry the following requirements:
- Original valid passport for more than 6 (six) months from the date of arrival in Indonesia
- An exit ferry ticket or on-going ticket
- A fee of USD$15.00 for 7 (seven) days or USD$35.00 for 30 (thirty) days
- If you are a holder of social VISA visit, you might also advised to inform the officer of your Indonesian host address and contacts.
- Tourist from countries with on arrival VISA privilages can also be rejected if you are not capable of staying calm in line, or breaching local law and regulation.